Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why I'm not a Vegan

Poached or scrambled, I love eggs. I only like them fried when Brent makes them. He adds Tabasco sauce and ketchup, and they taste just right. Lately, I've been trying to get my poached eggs to look perfect. They looked better last weekend than this morning, but I'm still almost happy with them. I added a few drops of vinegar to get the white to stick to the yolk, and lowered the cup with the egg an inch below the boiling water, but waited a little too long, hence their less than perfect-ness. I cooked them for 3 minutes, and they came out a little runny, the way I like 'em. 

A little tabasco sauce. 
An accident waiting to happen...
It happened. 
 I had no choice but to mop it up with some Swedish bread. 

My other food obsessions lately have been arugula & beet salad with crumbled feta and dill, and spinach, pine nuts, feta and dill empanadas. Do you see a pattern here? 

1 comment:

Hope Walls said...

K - first, thanks for stopping by the blog - much appreciated. Second.... BLARF!~ I cannot do runny yolks. I swear, the very thought of it makes me shudder. When my kids and husband eat runny yolks they mock, the taunt, they torture. I think I'll let first impressions last... and try to blog this whole blog about a yolk thing from my mind...