Friday, November 5, 2010

Mississippi, Portland

My first week in Vancouver, I took a late afternoon trip to NE Portland with John, whom I was staying with. We decided to go to the Mississippi area because my friend Katie had told me good things about Mississippi.

.4131
Most of the houses on Mississippi were ordinary houses with original colors, but this one had an original architecture and really original colors. Don't you always want to see how very modern buildings look inside?
.4141

.4143
I'm not sure what this was, but those trees, banches and flowers were really impressive. The colors are lovely.
.4155

.4152
Those microphones dotting the "i"s are pretty damn cool.
.4156
I have a thing for fonts (if I were to do it all again, I would study graphic design), and this font was seriously amazing.
.4157
I don't know what Mexican iced coffee is, but it sure sounds good.
.4160

.4159

.4164
I told Brent that this is where I want our first Portland date to be, but he said he'd already planned our first date, so I suppose it'll have to be our second date. I want some badass dessert.

.4183
I don't care much for cars, but would kill for an old 50s car. The one above is just the right amount of cool and beat up. It's perfect.
.4189

.4168

.4184
Before walking back to the Max station, we stopped to get Hawaiian shaved ice. I'd never had shaved ice before, and chose a couple of exotic flavors I can't remember. What I can remember is how much I liked it.
.4192

.4137
One of the things I love about Portland is how relaxed people look. We didn't stop at any of those bars, and I regret that.
.4177

.4171

.4169

.4193
That brewery was impressive. We only looked at it through the huge windows, but I was amazed at the size of the tanks.
.4195
Public art at the Albina/Mississippi station representing arts in the community.
.4203

No comments: