Saturday, November 6, 2010

Feeling worn out

 These past three weeks have been a little difficult for me, emotionally. I'm starting to feel better, and to get more sleep. Until last summer, I had never had bags under my eyes, but they have since then established permanent residency under my eyes. I had a hard time sleeping when I was in Vancouver because there was a lot of light filtering through the blinds, and I would get fewer than 5 hours of sleep a night. I also went out a lot, and my last couple of weeks in Portland were spent waking up at godless hours of the night to email a guy who was 9 hours ahead of me. 

  Since I've been back, I've been waking up three or four times a week, and not falling back asleep right away. Add to that anxiety about whether I should start a business or not, and I'm a complete mess. I've decided to take better care of myself, exercise, get more sleep, forego late night or early morning conversations with Brent that made me miss out on an hour or two of sleep, and use some much needed decongesting eye cream from Nuxe. 


This decongesting eye cream feels amazing under puffy eyes. I'm open to other suggestions that have worked for you.

 Nuxe and Caudalie are my favorite skincare brands. I have combination skin, and my skin breaks out often, so for the past few years, I've been trying many different products. I can't say that I've found the miracle cure, but I'm hanging in there and staying faithful to those two brands. I know that they're not harsh on my skin, and they have very soothing products. When I was looking for face wash for sensitive skins yesterday, I decided to try this one : 


It uses acacia honey and peach extract and smells and feels lovely. 

 I also purchased this hydrating oil, but mine is for combination skin. It felt incredible on my face. 


 You apply it on its own or combine it with your moisturizing lotion (Crème Fraîche by Nuxe in my case). 


 I'm also drinking more water and green tea, especially these teas. 
Thé vert au Tibet

Thé à l'Opéra

Sweet Shangaï. 


 Mariage Frères has been my favorite brand of tea for a couple of years now. I always heard my friends rave about their Marco Polo green tea, which seems to be their most popular tea, but I only started drinking tea from that brand myself when I was looking for some decaf Earl Grey. I'm also a big fan of their Thé des Impressionistes, Thé vert Provence and one of their rooibos teas, Metis. If you live in the U.S, Dean & Deluca carries many of their loose leaf teas in the beautiful tin above. 

 Hopefully, these steps and you know, worrying less about what I want to do with my life, will help. At least, the skincare products will make my skin feel and look like less of a mess, and my body will start thanking me for hydrating it more and detoxifying it. 

No comments: