Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Morning Market

Yesterday, I woke up a little earlier than usual on Sunday mornings, and got ready faster than usual so I could go to the market after getting a few things from the grocery store. The weather was a little cooler than I expected, but the sun showed its pretty face a few times. 

These past few days, I've been reading more about photography settings, and experimenting with different settings. I was going to use mostly spot metering, but I soon figured out that I wasn't going to have time to adjust my settings based on some very disparate lighting conditions, so I ended up going with center-weighted average metering. I'm proud of the fact that I made an effort to shoot even when vendors were looking at me, which is something I'm usually too shy to do. 

.12990
I discovered that peonies are my favorite flowers. But don't buy me any during hay fever season or I just may punch you in the face. 

.12982

.12983
The round flower looks very interesting. It's a shame I didn't notice it then. 

.12984

.13010
I sometimes forget how good artichokes are, even without any dressing. 

.12981
This is part of the Greek stand where I buy kalamata olives and whatever else strikes my fancy. That olive oil is pretty damn tasty, but the feta bought yesterday morning had gone bad so I was very disappointed. 

.13038

.13040

.13041

This week, I need to come up with more recipes because I've been skipping Food Friday for the last two weeks. It doesn't mean I haven't been cooking. I made some lemon and cilantro hummus (delicious) and another tiramisu (with Marsala wine this time). But last Friday, I came back too late to bother cooking, and the week before that, I was just not in the mood to cook. I think I should make something savory, but I need to find something light. 

No comments: