Friday, July 9, 2010

Seattle, Part 1: Walk to the waterfront

All of these photos were taken on my first day in Seattle. I woke up at 3.45am and after reading in bed, editing some photos I took on the flights and Skyping my parents, I decided to have an early breakfast in the Ikea kitchen of the hostel (seriously the best part of the hostel, it was so welcoming in a Scandinavian kind of way), I set out to find Pike Place Market. I had a very general idea of where it was, so I walked to the waterfront, then made my way back up to the market. But that part of the trip is going to be in a different post because I need to edit several dozen pictures. 
This Asian café was right next to my hostel in Chinatown. 
I loved their signs, but I never went inside. 
.3088

.3091

.3112
On the lovely walk from 5th avenue & King Street to the waterfront. Both stores were closed because it was before 9am. .3110

.3099
This was one of the few places that was open, but having just had breakfast, I didn't stop there.  

No comments: