Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow and music


It's been snowing for the past three days, and I've taken a few photos with my film cameras, but I have yet to take the film to my lab, so in the meantime, here are some pictures taken with my iPhone.

 



 


Now, snow in and of itself isn't a surprising thing, but it doesn't really snow much around these parts, hence everyone's excitement and annoyance. 

I signed up to get an invitation to Spotify and received one the next day. I've been hooked since then. I've also continued buying music on the iTunes store.

My current faves (in no particular order) from my Spotify and iTunes playlists.
  • The Replacements - I'll Be You; Waitress In The Sky; Here Comes A Regular; Kiss Me On The Bus; Skyway; Left Of The Dial
  • Lady Gaga - Poker Face & Bad Romance *
  • Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson - Stop Your Sobbin'
  • PT Walkley - Purple Violets OST
  • The Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven; La La Love You; Allison; No 13 Baby; Dead
  • Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen
  • Norah Jones - The Fall (pretty much all songs)
  • Wilco & Feist - You And I
  • Ryan Adams - Dear Chicago; My Blue Manhattan; Hotel Chelsea Nights
  • The Raveonettes - Last Dance; Gone Forever
*her choruses are amazing, the verses not so much, but the greatness of the choruses more than make up for the weirdness of the verses

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snow is great during the holidays and then you want it to go away. lol. It does get annoying over time. I like your music playlist. I've been listening to a lot of Bon Iver and Animal Collective lately. Again, I hope that you and your family have a happy holiday season and take care.