Saturday, November 7, 2009

Writing

Last April, during Script Frenzy I started working on a script inspired by what I saw during the campaign. I had pages and pages of notes, but I only got 8 pages in before I gave it up. I'm going to try to finish it by the time Script Frenzy 2010 begins. That's one of my goals. The formatting is hell though. Finding enough material to write an episode's worth of lines is pretty tough too. I've seen enough crazy shit to write a whole book, but it's a matter of developing a storyline that reads like comedy. I'm keeping the outsider element which I think could potentially make it more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so cool that you're interested in screenwriting, and I think your script would be very engaging. There seems to be a lot of films about governing and the machinery of politics, but there isn't anything specifically about political campaigns. And campaigns are funny. Anything with that much emotion, commitment, and stress is bound to be funny.

I think your instincts are absolutely correct. Keeping the outsider element makes it more interesting and less judgmental in a way. I would even start the story in Europe. There can't be a more stark contrast than between Europe and New Hampshire. lol. That visual contrast alone is funny.