Thursday, December 4, 2008

Back home

I've been back for three weeks now. I thought it would be the right time to make a list of my favorite and least favorite moments of the 5 months I spent in the United States. But first, this is what I'm up to these days, the memories entry is coming next: 


 - a late NaNoWriMo. I missed it in November, so I'm trying to write 50,000 words in 30 days this month. So far, I've skipped one day, and have almost 3,000. But I write fast. I can write 1,500 in an hour, so unless I run out of ideas, I think I can do it (Yes, I can). 
 - baking. Obviously. I'm trying new recipes, and as usual, the first attempts at new recipes aren't wildly successful, so I'm going to need to improve some of my recipes, including cupcakes (I tried mocha last time, I'm going to attempt carrot or gingerbread next time), and marbled cake. Today's marble cake experiment wasn't a success, but I think I know what I need to change next time. Hint: it's all in the layering. 
 - now comes the sad part: taking care of my dog who was sick for three days before the vet diagnosed liver cancer and put him to sleep because he'd stopped eating and drinking and had gone blind overnight. Mezzo died last Thursday, and I've been missing him every second. He was the greatest dog, and I loved him more than anything. My sister and I took care of him the last three days, carrying him all the time and never leaving him out of our sight. We hugged and kissed him and made him feel loved. My mom, dad and I were with him when he was put to sleep, and he's buried in our backyard. We all miss him a lot, and even if we're getting a new puppy on Sunday, he'll be loved and missed. 


 Until I find a job, I will be: 
 - writing 50,000 words 
 - baking and cooking and improving my recipes 
 - taking pictures when I get this camera. I always wanted a compact camera, but after using this baby (with some crazy paparazzi zoom) at work to take thousands of pictures, I've fallen in love with bridge cameras. 
 - training the new puppy and making him feel welcome - applying for jobs and visas 


 Things you should check out: My favorite food blog This amazing tool to turn digital pictures into polaroids This fantastic home design blog

No comments: