Sunday, October 19, 2008

JK all the way

One of the biggest perks of this job is the events we get to go to. Yesterday, I got to see John Kerry speak at the Obama office in Manchester. I had to make a tough decision: wait for the grande cinnamon dolce latte that was going to miraculously appear on my desk in 20 minutes or go see John Kerry. I thought, screw the latte, I'm going to see John Kerry. When I was doing visibility in pretty cold weather, with my Obama 4x8, I really wished I had waited for the latte because John Kerry showed up way late, and I could have avoided viz and still had my free grande latte and seen John Kerry. When I got back to the office 2 hours later, the latte was gone. It's really a use it or lose it kind of office. 


Our field director led us in chant. We chanted "when I say O, you say Bama, O-Bama, O-Bama", and "When I say New, you say Direction, New-Direction" and "Fired Up, Ready to Go". We also chanted "JK all the way" when Kerry arrived at the office. I thought the speech was pretty good, but then, I'm biased because I've always really liked John Kerry and I don't think I could say anything bad about him. I'm also a huge nerd and politicians' jokes always make me crack up, so when he joked that from New Hampshire, he can see Canada like Palin can see Russia from her house, I found it funny. I'm the kind of girl who laughed for hours when Gore said he was a recovering politician and was on step (Insert number here) of the program. 


Now, here's what I like/love about this state: 
 - the leaves, watching the leaves and walking on the leaves
 - the Halloween decorations I keep seeing on my way to work
 - the small town feel of Goffstown

  Here's what I don't like about this state: 
 - the utter poverty in Manchester
 - ManchVegas' crack problem

No comments: