Sunday, October 12, 2008

Work, more work, and what else? Work

 Every time I say I'm going to start updating more often, the times between updates get longer. Since I last updated, I've traveled to Montreal and Vermont with Mike who came to visit me for 2 weeks in late August-early September, finished my thesis and turned 24. 
 Now that I'm done with the thesis, my work schedule has been a little crazy. I now work from 9 to 9 Monday through Fridays and 12-7 or 8 on the weekends. I try to catch up on sleep on the weekends. This past week, work has been slow for me. I've spent days at the office when I have about 2 hours of work a day, and I stay at the office because I'm on phone duty from 4 to 9pm. Those days are the worst. I hate being idle. 
 I went to Lebanon sometime this week to shoot an event with the governor. On the way back, the press secretary and I took a bunch of pictures of the foliage because it was extraordinarily pretty. Fall in New Hampshire is amazing. I love the colors and the smells. 
 The campaign has been growing exponentially. Our working quarters have been getting tight. We now have a Feingold staffer, someone from the Human Rights Campaign and a DSCC staffer. There are three new interns, who are not there as much as I am. The front desk staff now includes three people who have become my partners in crime. That area is now much more lively than it ever was when the first Emily was there. We talk and laugh a lot. It makes staying late a little less unbearable when Andy keeps making up political ads against me. We have a new crazy caller, that Devan, the field intern, nicknamed Lou.
 Tomorrow could be an interesting day, if I'm allowed to go to the events I really want to go to. Howard Dean is campaigning on behalf of two or three Democratic candidates, and Joe Biden is coming to SNHU.

No comments: