Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Came in the Mail

This morning, I received a 135mm lens for my Minolta x-500. I bought it on eBay three days ago from a seller in Paris who advertised it as a Viabrillant/Minolta. I googled Viabrillant, but nothing came up, so I'm assuming it was either the name Minolta lenses were sold under in some countries, or a subcontractor. I emailed the seller to ask him if he knows anything about it. I also got the 5 rolls of film I'd ordered from Thailand. I'll be covered for a couple of months if I shoot mainly digital this summer, or a couple of weeks if I shoot more film than digital, so I'll have to re-stock up via eBay. 

.13640

The lens is somewhat of a beast, and it's going to take some getting used to. I shot a few photos with it, and I had to back away a lot more than I'd expected. In the process, I ran into a sweet older couple, and had to avoid a group of Japanese tourists who were in my line of view. I almost got a shot of a nice store layout, but a kid was in the way, and he was not budging. These are all things I'm not used to, being a 50mm girl for financial reasons, so the learning process is going to be interesting. It's definitely going to make me stop and think about composition a lot more. 

.13646

In a week, I should be getting two rolls of film back: one from Florida, and the other one from here. I have no idea what's on either, which gives you an idea of how much I've been shooting film lately (a shot here in there, with weeks at a time spent without touching my camera). There's still a roll in my LC-A with a few photos I took in Miami, and the rest needs to be taken here. I think I'll finish it when Brent gets here.  

I've only used four types of film in my life: Kodak gold 200, Fujicolor 100, and two types of Lomography films, so I'm taking any and all film recommendations. 

1 comment:

Aurelie said...

Bonjour Anne,
C'est la première fois que je commente sur ton si joli blog :)
J'ai vraiment hâte de voir les clichés que tu prendras avec ce nouvel objectif !